When you email us, or use a contact form within this website, we will use your email address for the purposes of administering your query and responding to you. We will not publish your email address on our website.
Cookies – we may use “cookies” to help us recognise you on any return visits you make to our website and to make any form filling procedures easier for you. Cookies are small pieces of information which will be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The cookies used by us will not give us any personal details about you.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you become a client.
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you sign up to our newsletter.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you ask one of our Affiliates to email you information about a product or service.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you book any kind of appointment with us or book to attend an event.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- When you fill in any forms.
- When you’ve given a third party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
Any individual may access personal data related to them if they request it.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- Only if you allow us to understand who you are, we’ll collect data such as: your name, gender, date of birth, email and telephone number. For your security, we’ll also keep an encrypted record of your login password.
- Details of your visits to our websites and which site you came from to ours.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you. We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service. Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on. Of course, you are free to opt-out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice and legally required information relating to our service. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To display the most interesting content to you on our websites. We do so on the basis of your consent to receive notifications and/or for our website to place cookies or similar technology on your device.
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you. Of course, you are free to opt-out of receiving these requests from us at any time by updating your preferences in your online account.
- To process your booking requests.
How do we protect your personal data?
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected and is secured by SSL encryption. We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and we carry out penetration testing to identify ways to further strengthen security.
What are you rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights:
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete.
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
- Review by a Partner of any decision made based solely on automatic processing of your data (i.e. where no human has yet reviewed the outcome and criteria for the decision).
To ask for your information, please contact email@example.com
To ask for your information to be amended, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data direct marketing
There are three ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division.
- Contact email@example.com and we will unsubscribe you from our database.
Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.